How to Keep a Detailed HCG Diet Food Journal
Studies have shown that people who keep a food journal are more successful in long term weight loss and HCG diet maintenance. So where should you start? Here are a few helpful tips to help you start a food journal and be successful:
Tips to Start a HCG Diet Food Journal
– Figure out what HCG diet food journal works best for you. There are a lot of online and mobile options currently out there. Some people prefer the old fashion method of pen and paper. Find what works best for you and stick with it. If you find that writing down everything isn’t as easy as you expected, search out an online food journal. It’s okay to switch to a more convenient method. The key is to stay consistent in logging your food intake.
– Log your food as soon as you are done with a meal. If you put it off until the end of the day, you are likely to forget the food you may have eaten earlier in the day like that soda with lunch, or the few crackers you snacked on mid-afternoon. Log immediately after you eat your food.
– Don’t cheat. Especially on the HCG Diet, keep accurate records. If you ate 10 cookies, when you only wanted to eat 5, log it. By cheating on your food journal, you are only cheating yourself and your health. Hold yourself accountable when completing your food journal.
– Log all foods and beverages. A food journal is a great way to keep track of your food intake as well as your beverage intake, and track any water you may be drinking. Try to drink at least 64oz of water per day (8-8oz glasses). Soda, fruit juice, and teas can be considered extra, but should not count towards your total water intake.
– Pay attention to portions. When keeping a food journal, you’ll be surprised what one serving actually is. Pay attention to the package labels and what they have listed as a serving size. Stick with it. By adding in an extra cracker or cookie, it could throw off your calorie count by anywhere from 25-100 calories.
– Set goals. What are you expecting to get out of your food journal? Are you looking to have accountability for how many calories you are eating so you can lose weight? Or do you feel bloated on certain days and want to figure out what the culprit is? There are many benefits that you can get out of keeping a food journal. Set a goal and keep that in your line of focus.
Detailed HCG Diet Food Journal Conclusion
Review your HCG diet food journal weekly. Once a week, sit down and review your food journal. Are you sticking to your goals? If not, how come? Maybe something is bothering you mentally and you are using food to heal your mind. Really review and study your food journal, set goals, and reach those goals.
Do you keep a food journal? What method do you find is the easiest?