How to Find Time to Exercise
Exercising is great for our health and overall well being, but the hardest part about it is finding the time. It’s extremely hard when you have to squeeze it in between working, family time, sleep, and cooking. We also just want to mention that exercise on the HCG diet is not required, however, we do recommend some light exercise like walking or yoga. Here are a few tips on how to find time to exercise:
Tips to Find Time to Exercise
– No excuses! By not exercising, you are more likely to gain weight and can put your health at risk. A lot of people will come up with reasons why they can’t exercise. Rather than making excuses, come up with reasons you should exercise. It’ll put yourself in a better mood, increase your energy, help you lose weight or make it easier to maintain, and of course it’s good for you!
– Find a fun exercise. Exercising can become very monotonous when doing the same routine over and over again. If you are training for a marathon, mix up your running routine by doing some on a treadmill, some outside, or some on a local track. Don’t forget to add in some weight training, yoga, or pilates. Mix up your routine and make it fun!
– Get a workout partner. This is especially great while you are on the HCG diet, especially if the person is doing the diet with you. This partner can be there to hold you accountable. Nothing is worse then when you plan to work out with a friend, and cancel because you’re not in the mood. You let your partner down and also yourself. Be the support system for your workout partner and they’ll be your support system.
– Exercise as a family. This is a fun and easy way to get exercise in. Try playing soccer in the yard or go swimming at the local pool. You can also take a family hike into the mountains and have a picnic at the top of the trail. Make it fun. Bring baggies so your kids can collect rocks or pine cones along the way. When you get home, everyone can show off the treasures they found.
– Find a gym with a daycare. If finding a sitter is hard or impossible, try finding a gym with a daycare. It’s usually very cheap or sometimes included with your membership. Not only will your child love having other kids to interact with, you are only a few steps away so you both feel safe and secure.
– Get up earlier to exercise. Rather than trying to squeeze exercise in between getting off work and making dinner, try waking up 30-60 minutes earlier to get that exercise in. Not only will you feel more energized throughout the day, but now you don’t have to beat yourself up for not getting your exercise in for the day. It is already done.
– Plan an exercise routine, but be flexible. Sometimes life just gets busy and we can’t exercise. That’s okay, but make sure this doesn’t happen often. If you were unable to exercise in the morning, look at your schedule and see if you can squeeze it in later in the afternoon or on your lunch break.
– It’s the little things that count. A great way to get a little extra exercise is rather than taking the elevator, opt for the stairs. Rather than trying to find that front row parking spot at the store, park in the spot furthest from the store. These little bits of exercise will add up during the day giving you even more exercise than you planned.
In Conclusion to Finding Time to Exercise
Finding time to exercise can be hard, but just do it! Not only will your body thank you, but it’ll improve your overall state of mind. Every little bit counts, even if you can only start with a small amount of exercise, it is better than nothing. What ways to you find time to exercise? Do you find yourself exercising more or less since completing the HCG diet?