How to Handle Food Cravings on the HCG Diet
Part of the HCG diet is teaching your brain and your body how to handle food cravings. Food cravings can be caused by both emotional and physical stress. A lot of people will handle stress from their daily lives with food, which is part of the reason some people need the HCG diet. The HCG diet will help you teach yourself to how to handle these cravings in a healthy way.
Tips to Handle Cravings on the HCG Diet
1. Use Spices – Use spices in your food when cooking. You want to use them in their most natural state and avoid any sugars, starches, or ingredients that are not allowed on the HCG diet. Garlic powder, salt, and pepper can help spice up a lot of meals, but get creative. Not only will being creative take the craving off your mind, but the flavor will help keep your stomach satisfied longer.
2. Use Eggs – Dr. Simeons allows for the occasional use of eggs on the diet. A serving would be considered one whole egg and 3 egg whites. If you are starting to experience an aversion to chicken, fish, or beef, try using eggs as a protein instead. Add in your favorite HCG friendly vegetable and you can have an omelet for lunch.
3. Brush Your Teeth – Do you ever feel like eating right after you brush your teeth? Try this tip to help with the craving as well.
4. Get Support – When you purchase from Your HCG, we are here to help you throughout the diet. Sometimes you just need that extra support to get you through the day. You can also visit our Facebook page to chat with other Your HCG dieters at www.facebook.com/yourhcg.
5. Drink Water – Drinking water can help with hunger and help you handle food cravings. Try adding in a little bit of lemon juice or Stevia to give it a little bit of flavor as well. Adding lemon can help with weight loss and also help decrease your cravings.
6. Snack – On the HCG diet, there isn’t a whole log of snacking, but to keep you satisfied longer, try spreading your food throughout the day. Here is a suggested food schedule – 10 AM – Fruit, 12 PM – Veggie and Protein, 2 PM – Melba Toast, 5 PM – Veggie and Protein, 6 PM – Melba Toast, 8 PM- Fruit.
7. Get Moving – If the craving is strong, and nothing else seemed to help, try going for a walk, do an hour of yoga, or go swimming. The distraction may be what you need to help you get through the day.
Understand the Cravings on the HCG Diet
Part of being successful on the HCG Diet is understanding and listening to your body. It is important to understand why you are craving a specific food, are you bored, tired, emotional? Try keeping a food journal with notes about your feelings and emotions when you eat specific foods. This will help you fight the cravings you might experience on the HCG Diet.
What else have you done to help with your food cravings on the HCG diet?
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!