Here are some tips to help you overcome, hunger, frustration and even cravings while on Phase 2 of the HCG diet:
- GUM – Chew a piece of HCG approved gum. SteviaDent is a great choice and can be purchased at www.yourhcgshop.com.
- SPICES – Spice up your diet! Instead of eating that tomato plain, try adding some italian spices, vinegar, or salt and pepper. Spices are a great addition to almost any meal and will leave you feeling more satisfied, so your diet is not so bland. Try the great recipes on the blog…they are all very tasty!
- EGGS – Dr. Simeons allows for the occasional use of eggs while on the HCG diet. You can have one whole egg and 3 egg whites to equal one serving of protein. So if you are bored of chicken, fish and red meat, make some eggs! You can even make an omelet containing your favorite vegetable (remember, this takes care of your vegetable and protein serving for one meal).
- BRUSH YOUR TEETH – If all else fails, brush your teeth! I know it sounds crazy, but how often do you feel like eating after you’ve brushed your teeth?
- FACEBOOK – If you are feeling frustrated, overwhelmed or hungry, visit our facebook page, www.facebook.com/yourhcg. There are thousands of people on this facebook page who are always there to give you support, encouragement and tips. Feel free to call one of our trained health coaches as well 1-877-748-2709. We are there for you!
- IMAGINATION – Before you cheat and/or give up, picture yourself skinny! This keeps me motivated most of the time, and prevents me from cheating.
- WATER – Drinking water, especially with lemon, is a great way to fight hunger while on the HCG diet. You will be surprised how full you feel after drinking a glass or 2 of water. Adding lemon helps with weight loss, decreases cravings, and provides you with some extra flavor.
- GREEN TEA – Green tea is proven to aid in weight loss efforts. It is also an appetite suppressant! Try it hot or cold, and add some stevia if you wish. Lemon flavored stevia is wonderful in green tea. Don’t like tea? Get some green tea capsules at your local health food store.
- SNACK! – I am a huge snacker! I feel like I need to eat every 3 hours or I will literally die! So here is how eat my allowed foods throughout the day (Approved by Dr. Simeons) 10 AM – Fruit, 12 PM – Veggie and Protein, 2 PM – Melba Toast, 5 PM – Veggie and Protein, 6 PM – Melba Toast, 8 PM- Fruit.