How to Conquer Cold & Flu Season While on the HCG Diet
How to Prevent the Common Cold & Flu While on the HCG Diet
Unfortunately it is very hard to avoid getting the common cold or flu during certain times of the year. And while on the HCG diet, you want to be careful about what over the counter medications you take due to sugar coatings and more. HCG will not interact with any medications, but it’s always wise to let your physician know when you are starting a new diet program, including the HCG diet. Some of the most common ways to avoid getting sick while on the HCG diet are washing your hands, avoid close contact with someone who is already sick, and keep yourself healthy. A great way to keep yourself healthy is to eat a well-balanced meal and stick to an exercise plan. The HCG diet will help you eat healthy, and while on the HCG diet you can exercise. Your HCG recommend yoga, walking or swimming while on the HCG diet.
What Happens If I Get Sick While on the HCG Diet?
If you happen to get sick while on the HCG diet, there are a few products out there that can help ease your symptoms:
- Ginger – This spicy, pungent root can offer many health benefits. It helps ease symptoms of arthritis, nausea, swelling and more. The most beneficial way to take ginger is by making ginger tea. You take 1 TBSP of chopped ginger root. Simmer for 10 minutes, strain and then add a little bit of lemon and Stevia if needed. Drink 1-3 cups 3 times per day for best results. You can use this on any phase of the HCG diet.
- Elderberry – This is a wild berry that helps fight the flu. Elderberries are not allowed during the low calorie phase during the HCG diet, so it’d be best to use this during maintenance. Once again, this is most effective when made into a tea. If you take ½ – 1tsp of dried Elderberry flowers, and steep them in 1 cup of hot water for 10-15 minutes. You can drink this up to 3 times per day.
- Garlic – Garlic is a great at home remedy, because it can be used for many ailments. When garlic is chopped, chewed or crushed it forms an anti-bacterial compound. Garlic can be taken orally or there are also garlic supplements, but double check the ingredients to ensure they are HCG diet friendly.
- Licorice – Licorice contains anti-viral properties and can be used as an anti-inflammatory. It also helps sooth tissues and can ease a sore throat. This isn’t recommended during the low calorie HCG diet, but can be used during maintenance. Once again, the best way to use this form is with a tea. Check the ingredients to make sure there is no added sugars or starches.
- VitaminC – Vitamin C is often found in fruits and veggies. It is used to help with many ailments such as anemia, bronchitis, the common cold, glaucoma and more. Some HCG diet friendly foods high in Vitamin C are strawberries, oranges, grapefruit, tomatoes, cabbage, and leafy greens.
There are many alternative paths for medication regardless of if you are on or off of the HCG diet.