Exercise Tips To Start Now
Summer is right around the corner, and women aren’t the only ones ready to get in shape for their swimsuit. Both men and women can be concerned about how they look and feel. A few weeks ago we shared exercise tips for women, now we would like to share them for men. The best way to feel great about yourself is to exercise. It’s recommended to exercise 5 days per week for at least 30 minutes each time. If you can manage to work out longer, that’s great. And keep in mind that there will be some weeks where you can’t work out that often. It’s important to stay positive and stay focused. We live in a busy, busy world, so taking even 30 minutes for yourself is beneficial.
5 Exercise Tips to Optimize Workouts
- Keep your muscles limber! Stretching is just as important when you are 20 as it is when you are 60. Make sure you are stretching your muscles before and after all workouts. It’s best to hold the stretch for at least 30 seconds, but if you can hold them for a full minute, your muscles will thank you even more. Stretching will also help you avoid injuries.
- Focus on a strong core. It seems like lately all we hear about is how important a strong core is! So what exactly is your core and what does it do? Your core includes your abdominal muscles along with your lower back, your pelvic floor, and your hips. When your core is weak, you may experience trouble breathing, won’t be able to move as quickly, and may not be able to lift heavy objects. Some workouts that will help strengthen your core are planks, push-ups, squats, and lunges.
- Buy shoes that fit! Go to your local exercise or running store and be fitted for shoes. Having ill-fitting shoes can cause leg and back pain. Make sure you tell the employee helping you find shoes exactly what your workout plans are. Shoes will vary depending on your activity whether it’s running, walking, cycling, aerobics, or weight lifting.
- Find a friend to exercise with you. Not only can you use each other to help spot when weight lifting, but also it’ll keep you motivated to keep working out.
- Set specific goals and stick to them! By setting goals, you have a clear vision in mind about what exactly you want to get out of your workout. If you just want to hit the gym 4 times per week, that’s great! Re-evaluate your goals every month to see if you’ve reached your goal and how you can improve.
Exercise Tips Summary
As always, be prepared. Continue to work out even if you don’t see a lot of results right away. Exercising can take time to see any type of difference. What are some of your exercise tips you would like to share?